A tasty, vegetarian alternative to traditional Caesar! This Tofu Caesar salad with tofu vinaigrette is yummy tasty and healthy. Serve it as a side or enjoy it for a meal. Tofu Caesar salad is packed with full nutrient.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Montreal Steak Spice
- 1/2 454 g pkg firm tofu , drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked Cheddar cheese
- 1 lb green beans , blanched
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In bowl, combine olive oil and steak spice; add tofu, mixing to coat well. Transfer in single layer to parchment paper-lined baking sheet; bake until golden brown and crispy, 25 to 30 minutes. Set aside.
- Tofu Vinaigrette
- Meanwhile, in blender, purée tofu, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, anchovy paste and oil until smooth (if too thick, add water, 1 tbsp at a time, to reach desired consistency). Stir in chives; season with pepper. (Make-ahead: Can be covered and refrigerated overnight.)
- In large bowl, toss together lettuce, tomatoes and Cheddar; arrange beans on one side. Top with tofu croutons. Serve with vinaigrette.
PER SERVING (WITH SALAD): about
Calories340, Total fat23 g, saturated fat5 g, Cholesterol15 mg, Sodium650 mg, Total carbohydrate19 g, Fibre6 g, Protein14 g