This epic sandwich is a Montreal-style riff on the classic Italian version, traditionally called a Montreal Muffulette Sandwich .Look for a flavourful white cheese made in Quebec for the most authentic Montreal Muffulette Sandwich experience!
- ⅓ cup chopped dill pickles
- ⅓ cup chopped pickled pepperoncini peppers
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large sourdough boule (600 g)
- 1 Tbsp spicy deli-style mustard
- 4 slices semi-soft cheese
- 400 g thinly sliced Montreal-style smoked meat
- 200 g thinly sliced deli smoked turkey breast
- ⅔ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 whole pickles, sliced in half
- 250 mg cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
1. Whirl together pickles, peppers and oil in food processor until almost smooth.
2. Cut top third off boule horizontally. Hollow out the bottom of the bread, leaving generous ½-inch (1 cm) border to form large bread bowl and lid. Spread bottom of bread bowl with spicy mustard; top with pickle mixture.
3. Layer in cheese, Montreal smoked meat and smoked turkey. Top meat with onions and halved pickles. Spread inside of top of bread with cream cheese; sprinkle with dill.Top with the hollowed out bread top, cream cheese side down. (Tip: Wrap sandwich tightly with plastic wrap. Press sandwich between two large plates; weight top plate down with can. Refrigerate for up to 2 hours.)
4. Cut into wedges to serve.
Lifestyles Advisor is Health And Lifestyle Magazine. Our main Focus on to Ensure Healthy lifestyle for All Human Being.