There’s nothing more Canadian than entering the great outdoors and hunting your own dinner. Moose Burger with Wild Blueberry Onion Jam is a delicious, lean meat endless in versatility. This Moose Burger recipe uses moose meat, cut with a beef to counter the leanness, and finished with a homemade jam made from foraged wild blueberries and red onions.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp wild blueberry jam
- 1 lb(s) ground moose meat
- ½ lb(s) medium ground beef
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 ciabatta buns
- ¼ cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup baby arugula, lightly packed
- 1. Heat butter in a small pan over medium. Add in red onion and cook until soft and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add in vinegar and continue to cook for another 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in blueberry jam and simmer for 5 minutes or until mixture is thick.
- 2. Combine moose meat, ground beef and salt in a bowl. Divide meat into 4 portions and form patties using your hands. Pack tightly, but do not overwork meat.
- 3. Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high. Add in oil and gently place burgers down. Cook until a golden brown crust forms, about 4 minutes per side.
- 4. Cut ciabatta buns in half. Smear 1 Tbsp of Greek yogurt on to the bottom of each bun. Place burger on top of yogurt. Divide onion jam among burgers. Top with arugula and close with top bun.
Lifestyles Advisor is Health And Lifestyle Magazine. Our main Focus on to Ensure Healthy lifestyle for All Human Being.